You would be applying to an International School located inside the boundaries of the current housing complex for OLNG staff. The complex was built in 2002 and contains 130 villas, a large recreation club with two pools, a multipurpose sports hall, a park, a small commercial center, a clinic, a mosque, and several maintenance offices as well as a training center for OLNG employees. The complex, which sits mid-way between the OLNG Qalhat Plant and the city of Sur is only a fifteen-minute car ride from the center of town. Sur itself is located 93 miles (150 km) southeast of Muscat, the Omani capital. The two cities are connected by a brand new four lane highway, which offers drivers and passengers an opportunity to enjoy picturesque scenery.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- The school has requested teachers from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, from mainland Europe OR bilingual Arabic speakers (must be fluent with IELTS 7)
- PGCE / Teaching License in the area of expertise.
- 4 years of teaching experience.
- Bachelor degree in the specific content area to be taught. Example, if you want to apply in the Primary division you must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary or Primary School Education. If you currently hold a Bachelor’s degree under a different concentration or major, then you will need 10 years’ of educational experience in the area you wish to teach and be able to prove this with letters of reference / experience
- NOC, is required for candidates currently based in Oman.
- Age 55 and younger.
Benefits of teaching there:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Brand new school with a capacity for 1200 students, and 750 students transferring from the existing building.
- Great opportunities for career progression.
- State of the art facilities – swimming pools, sports halls, full size outdoor sports pitches, science labs, auditorium, state of the art IT infrastructure, dance rooms, drama room, IT suites.
- Amazing settings and views
- Outdoos sports such as diving, snorkeling, sailing, fishing, mountain-biking, camping, off-road driving.
- Peaceful with clean air.
- One-hour flight from Dubai to Muscat.
- The Potential to save a considerable proportion of your salary, because of the low cost of living compared to Dubai and other GCC countries.
- Membership to the National Gas Company’s social clubs and facilities.
- Preferential rates and interests on car loans.
- Subsidized canteen.
- Great local restaurants with excellent seafood.
- Family friendly.
- Authentic Omani culture.
- 2 year contract (renewable)
- FROM 1200 – 1800 OMR (£30k – £45k) TAX FREE, dependent upon experience – this INCLUDES the accomodation allowance of 300 OMR per month.
- Accommodation / allowance (Will be provided to overseas staff for the duration of their employment contract; 1 or 2 bed; subject to availability and need; Furniture, curtains / blinds, white goods, starter kit. Note: If this option is selected the accommodation allowance above will be deducted at source).
- Return flight allowance
- Initial flight to Oman is provided
- Schooling (100% for first child and 50% for second children
- Medical insurance for family up to 2 children
- Paid leave in accordance with academic calendar
- Please note – The immigration rules will not permit a female candidate to sponsor their spouse.
School Year 2019-2020
For more information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.