The Bilingual Canadian International School-Vietnam (CISS-VN) in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, is seeking applicants for a Guidance Counselor vacancy and the following teaching positions: Elementary, Music, EAL, Secondary English
The Canadian International School System (CISS- VN) operates four programs in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The Canadian International School System – Vietnam (CISS-VN) consists of :
- The Canadian International School (CIS) delivers the Ontario Curriculum Kindergarten to Grade 12 entirely inEnglish. After Grade 10, students are eligible to apply to the IBDP Programme Years 1 and 2, Grades 11 and 12.
- The Bilingual Canadian International School (BCIS) delivers the Vietnamese National Curriculum, Grades 1 – 12and instruction in English language oral and written fluency according to Ontario Ministry of Education documentsfor Language Arts and English Language Learners.
- The Canada-Vietnam Kindergarten (CVK) delivers programs for children ages 18 months to 5 years old.
- The Albert Einstein School (AES) delivers the Vietnamese National Curriculum, Grades 1 – 12 and the Ed Excel English Program.
The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) provides staffing and recruitment consulting services to CISS-VN for CIS, BCIS and CVK. As a part of the consultancy agreement, the TDSB provides CISS with up to date Ontario curricula and offers guidance and support to ensure that CISS staff and students are meeting Ontario expectations. All CIS teachers are either members in good standing, or are eligible to be members in good standing, with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT). All applications are provided to CISS. Applicants are hired by CISS, and if successful, will be an employee of the CISS—VN, reporting to the CISS-VN Principal.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The position(s) listed in this posting is/are for the duration of 2-years. The contract period may be extended upon mutual agreement.
Current TDSB staff, who would like to apply, will be considered for a leave of absence from Toronto DSB to CIS- Vietnam when successful in his/her application.
The ideal candidate has experience with the TDSB or other Ontario school board and/or international experience.
Responsibilities of Classroom Teachers are:
- Effective implementation of assessment for learning and assessment as learning as set out in Growing Success: Assessment, Evaluation and Reporting in Ontario Schools
- Uses appropriate tools to assess learning such as: anchor charts, organizers and
templates, checklists, rubrics, portfolios and surveys
- Offer opportunities for critical literacy and implements strategies found in the Literacy and Numeracy Secretariat’s Building Capacity Series: Critical Literacy Special Edition 9, August, 2009
- Create a warm and welcoming learning environment
- Ensure all Health and Safety, and school policies are followed
- Collaborate with grade team teachers and rotary teachers in planning
- Apply Achievement Chart criteria of Knowledge and Understanding, Thinking, Communication, and Application
- Implement effective educational technology strategies to engage student learning
- Incorporate a gradual release of responsibility, explicit teaching and guided reading practice
- Integrate CISS character education values into the curriculum and into the day to day school life
- Contribute effectively to the ongoing success of the school in providing high-quality education for all students, with particular attention to developing students as global learners, citizens and student leaders
- Support all students in developing a love of learning and in achieving their full potential
- Implement the grade and subjects taught based on the Ontario Curriculum and by
using research-informed and student-centered pedagogy
- Ensure that all students develop competencies in literacy and numeracy, creativity, communication, collaboration and thinking skills
- Develop caring, positive and professional relationships with students and staff
- Model the attributes celebrated in the Ontario Character Education Program
- Participate fully in the development of short and long-range teaching/department plans
- Implement effective teaching and learning strategies that include the use of educational technology
- Work with the School Leadership Team in the implementation of school improvement work
- Inspire public confidence by developing positive relationships with parents and the school community
- Lead, coordinate and/or support co-curricular activities, sports, and school events such as arts and culture
- Establish and contribute to an inclusive, caring and safe learning environment
- Work as a professional learning community to share effective practices provide rich learning tasks for students and use meaningful and authentic print and digital learning resources
Start Date: July 27, 2020
Submit the following:
- Signed Offence Declaration
- Cover letter
- Resume including your current OCT
- The names and contact information (telephone number(s). + email addresses) of three (3) professional references
Your references are, preferably, those who have been in a supervisory role to you and who can be readily contacted to provide a reference by phone or email
Submit your application online to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions, please contact Kenneth W. Trotman, GLOBAL School Consulting Group Recruitment Services Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Additional Information about CIS-VN