Open Positions: Three teachers for Pre K – 7th grade and one ESL specialist.
The International School of Djibouti (ISD) is a new school in the Horn of Africa seeking to offer a world class education based in English for expatriate and local families.
ISD is seeking teachers for its fourth year of operation. The successful candidate will take up the appointment September 1, 2019 or earlier. The school currently has five classrooms, which include pre-school, K – 2nd, 3rd – 5th, 6th – 8th, and a web-based high school.
Currently, enrollment is approximately 50 students. For the 2019-2020 school year, ISD will need three or four teachers to work with the school’s diverse student body of TCKs and Djiboutians. The school has a family atmosphere that utilizes a home-school based and online curriculum to facilitate multiple grades in one classroom. Next year ISD expects a typical class size to be 12-16 students.
Candidates should have the following minimum characteristics:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Solid references
- Willingness to make a one or two-year commitment
- Noble-hearted calling to a service post
- Two years’ experience in elementary education
- Experience with non-native English-speaking students (ESL certification)
- Certification in an American educational system
Stipend and Benefits:
- $15,000 + (untaxed, dependent on experience, qualifications, etc.)
- Travel expenses to and from Djibouti yearly
- International Health Care
- Housing + basic furnishings