Dr. David A. Wells and the GLOBAL School Consulting Group are pleased to partner with the School Board of Rift Valley Academy, in Kijabe, Kenya, in their search for a highly qualified, competent, and committed Christian to serve as Superintendent, beginning with the 2021-22 school year. The role of RVA Superintendent is not a salaried position, as all RVA staff are supported missionaries.
With a history spanning back to 1906, RVA hosted its first graduating class in 1950 and has become a cornerstone in the Kijabe community. The Academy sits on 90 acres of the upper escarpment overlooking Kenya’s vast and sunlit Rift Valley. At an elevation of more than 7,000 feet, RVA is sometimes referred to as the school in the clouds, and the campus is frequented by monkeys, baboons, and exotic birdlife.
RVA is comprised of an elementary, a junior high, and a senior high school. As the school continues its march toward spiritual vibrancy and academic excellence, its 500 students bring diverse background from around the globe, including: the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
The campus contains nineteen student dormitories, staff housing, a gymnasium, a music building, a drama hall, two sports fields, tennis courts, basketball courts, elementary recreational areas, a chapel, a cafeteria, an administrative building, and numerous facilities such as student health, counseling, and laundry, all of which support the daily and long-term needs of boarding students and staff families.
With mild, sunny days, gorgeous terrain, and the warmth of our surrounding Kijabe neighbors, RVA is truly a beautiful place to call home.
Rift Valley Academy is accredited through Middle States Association (MSA) and member of the following associations:
- National Association for College and Admission Counseling
- Kenya Association of Independent International Schools
- Testing Center for College Board (AP, SAT, PSAT) and ACT
- Testing Center for Cambridge Exams (including IGCSE)
RVA’s mission statement is focused on developing its community to become graduates who:
- Apply Biblical Truth and Develop Intellectually
- Develop and express God-given abilities
- Lead Healthy Lives
Rift Valley Academy’s Superintendent
Working in partnership with RVA’s High School and Elementary Principals and the rest of the staff team, the Superintendent will champion the School’s values and keep it focused on its mission of enabling families to serve in Africa while their children:
- Learn how to apply biblical truth in the world around them
- Develop their God-given abilities to impact the world for Christ
- Lead healthy lives that contribute positively in their communities
To that end, RVA is looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Believes in the core values and vision of both:
- (RVA) https://rva.org/
- Collaborative leader / delegator / team player
- Evident spiritual maturity
- Experience in education (preferably international) with post-graduate qualification in a relevant field
- Experience in educational leadership
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good cross-cultural skills and a commitment to work in partnership with the local community
The role of RVA Superintendent is not a salaried position – RVA staff are supported missionaries. The next RVA Superintendent will need to be or become a member of AIM or be seconded from a like-minded organization.
Applicants should write to Dr. David A. Wells, GlobalSearches Consultant (email@example.com) or RVA’s Board Chair, Miriam Pugh (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15th May, 2020, attaching a CV and giving the contact details of two referees.
The RVA Board is planning to hold the final interviews for this role in mid to late July 2020.
Learn More About Rift Valley Academy