Pan American Christian Academy, commonly known as PACA, is a nondenominational, college-preparatory, Christian, English-instruction, American school located in São Paulo, Brazil. PACA students reflect the multinational community from which they come, with the largest percentages of students coming from the United States, Brazil, and Korea. The school serves the children of mission organizations, diplomatic, business and professional families with a dual American and Brazilian curricular program.
The PACA Board of Directors, with a vision for reaching more young people and families, has embarked on an expansion of the school’s mission and vision to develop a second campus in the city of Sao Paulo. The “PACA2” Project is currently in its initial stages, including search for property and capital development.
Foundational Declarations: “Nurturing Hearts | Developing Minds | Educating for Eternity”
Vision Statement: To become a leading international Christian school:
- Providing high-quality education while integrating biblical truth into all areas of learning,
- Nurturing and instructing students to love, to learn, and to live out the Christian faith, and
- Promoting the cause of Christian education throughout the world.
Mission Statement: To nurture and develop young people, through quality education rooted in Biblical truth, who impact their world through Christ.
- Recognition of the Bible as the revealed, infallible Word of God taught as truth
- Commitment to serve the missionary and full-time Christian ministry communities
- Implementation of a quality US-type program which includes a well-developed Brazilian curriculum, effectively preparing students for university studies
- Employment of Christian personnel who model Christ in teaching, leading, and discipling students
- Dedication to academic excellence maximizing each student’s potential while equipping them to think critically in the context of the biblical world view
- Appreciation for a multicultural community that prepares the student for successful interaction in a diverse, interdependent world
- Support and strongly encourage the parental responsibility for the education of children
- Encouragement of active involvement in local evangelical churches
- Promote the development and well-being of PACA employees
Accreditation and Memberships: PACA maintains accreditation with three organizations: Cognia (Formerly AdvancED / SACS), the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), and the Brazilian Ministry of Education and Culture. The school holds membership in the Association of American Schools in Brazil, Association of American Schools in South America, and ACSI
Campus & Facilities: PACA’s campus is “an oasis in the city of Sao Paulo”. The school occupies an 8.9-acre campus, with ample facilities for instructional and extra- curricular programs and activities. Facilities include twenty-two classrooms, library, Reading Center, Media Center, Science and Computer Laboratories, Playground, Gymnasium, Athletic Field, Swimming Pool, Outside Courts, Cafeteria, and Auditorium.
Position Overview: The Superintendent is called upon to inspire, lead, guide, and direct the administrative and instructional staff of PACA in setting and achieving the highest standards of excellence so that each individual student may be provided with a quality education program. The Superintendent is responsible for leadership and management of the school and for accomplishing the objectives established by the School Board within the parameters of the Board’s policies. The Superintendent is expected to oversee and administer all programs, facilities, property, and funds with maximum efficiency.
The Board of Directors is seeking a strong Christian who is a qualified and inspirational leader, to be charged with leading a vibrant international Christian school community and program. This successful candidate for the Superintendent position will have a passion for Christian ministry through education and for effective leadership and management in a highly diverse setting. The successful candidate will have a verifiable Christian faith commitment; will fully-embrace the school’s evangelical identity; and will understand and champion the mission and vision of the PACA.
Spiritual, Academic, and Professional Qualifications:
Spiritual: The successful candidate will have a testimony of personal faith and relationship with God through Jesus Christ; be aligned with PACA’s Statement of Faith; and will be knowledgeable of and committed to a Biblically based philosophy of education.
Professional: The successful candidate will be an educational leader with at least five years of school leadership experience; have earned a master’s or doctoral degree, preferably with training in school leadership; demonstrate English-language fluency; master the US-style and structure of education; and will qualify for “Head of School” certification with ACSI.
Personal: The successful candidate will have multi-cultural experience and knowledge of how to work in the context of Latin American context, preferably in the American and Brazilian mix; demonstrate the capacity and disposition to adapt to school ministry in a multi-cultural context; and have an interest in learning the culture of Brazil, and either Portuguese language fluency or an interest in learning the language.
The Board of Directors provides a compensation and benefit package which is competitive with that offered by competitive Christian international schools in the region, reflecting the school’s commitment to support the Superintendent as he/she carries forward PACA’s ministry.
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2020 – Please submit required information as early as possible, as PACA reserves the right to close the selection process as soon as the ideal candidate is identified and contracted.
- Preliminary Material to be Submitted: Please send a formal letter of interest (cover letter) specific to this position and a current CV to email@example.com, and you will be contacted and informed as to next steps in the candidacy process.
- Additional Information: Interest individuals are invited to visit the school’s website (www.paca.com.br) and to review the job description and school profile, using the links provided.
- Application Form: Interested individuals may complete and submit the PACA Superintendent Application form with their letter of interest and CV, or the Application can be submitted at a later time.