You would be applying to an International School located inside the boundaries of the current housing complex for OLNG staff. The complex was built in 2002 and contains 130 villas, a large recreation club with two pools, a multipurpose sports hall, a park, a small commercial center, a clinic, a mosque, and several maintenance offices as well as a training center for OLNG employees. The complex, which sits mid-way between the OLNG Qalhat Plant and the city of Sur is only a fifteen-minute car ride from the center of town. Sur itself is located 93 miles (150 km) southeast of Muscat, the Omani capital. The two cities are connected by a brand new four lane highway, which offers drivers and passengers an opportunity to enjoy picturesque scenery.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- The school has requested teachers from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, from mainland Europe OR bilingual Arabic speakers (must be fluent with IELTS 7)
- PGCE / Teaching Licence in Math/English/Science with a 4 years experience.
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics/English/Science. If candidate holds a bachelor’s degree in a different area then he/she will need 10 years of educational experience in Mathematics/English/Science and be able to prove this with letters of reference / experience
- NOC, if required for candidates currently based in Oman.
- Age 55 and younger.
Benefits of teaching there:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Brand new school with a capacity for 1200 students, and 750 students transferring from an existing building.
- Great opportunities for career progression.
- State of the art facilities – swimming pools, sports halls, full size outdoor sports pitches, science labs, auditorium, state of the art IT infrastructure, dance rooms, drama room, IT suites.
- Amazing settings such as sandy beaches, mountains.
- Outdoor sports: diving, snorkeling, sailing, fishing, mountain-biking, camping, off-road driving.
- Peaceful with clean air.
- One-hour flight to Dubai from Muscat, with a budget airline operating several times a day
- Potential to save a considerable proportion of salary, with a lower cost of living than Dubai and other GCC countries.
- Good standard of accommodation, close to the beach.
- Membership of National Gas Company social clubs and facilities
- Preferential rates on car loans
- Subsidized canteen
- Great local restaurants with excellent seafood
- Family friendly
- Authentic Omani culture
- 2 year contract (renewable)
- FROM 1200 – 1800 OMR (£30k – £45k) TAX FREE, dependent upon experience – this INCLUDES the accomodation allowance of 300 OMR per month.
- Accommodation / allowance (Will be provided to overseas staff for the duration of their employment contract; 1 or 2 bed; subject to availability and need; Furniture, curtains / blinds, white goods, starter kit. Note: If this option is selected the accommodation allowance above will be deducted at source).
- Return flight allowance
- Initial flight to Oman is provided
- Schooling (100% for first child and 50% for second children
- Medical insurance for family up to 2 children
- Paid leave in accordance with academic calendar
- Please note – The immigration rules will not permit a female candidate to sponsor their spouse.
2019-2020 School Year
For additional information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org