Elisa’s competency and passion, are Early Childhood Education (including environmental scales to evaluate programs, curriculum development, provisions for students with special needs, support programs for families), as well as the area of Emotional Intelligence. with more than 30 years experience as an educator and administrator.
Elisa is currently the Deputy Director at the Center for Early Learning of Sampedrana International School (Honduras). She has earned a master’s degree in Educational Leadership, from Framingham State University; a certificate in Early Childhood Education for International Schools, from SUNY Buffalo; and International Certification in School Leadership, from the Principal’s Learning Center.
She recognizes – “Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him.” —Psalm 127:3 (NIV) and that it is an honor and responsibility to be entrusted with a little one from God. We stand beside Him to shepherd their growth and development, to advocate for them, and provide for their needs while they’re in our care. Her professional undertaking is to reach out to as many young learners as possible through supporting Early Learning administrators, teachers, and families to help kids’ progress through the stages of development in developmentally appropriate high-quality programs.
Elisa can collaborate with other committed professionals to:
- Train, mentor and coach educators to build solid structures to keep learners’ on track for their physical, emotional, social, academic, and spiritual growth
- Establish a concrete supervision system of early childhood classroom staff
- Instruction, training or technical assistance in the area of early childhood development
- Work with teachers, and parents and assist them to implement research-based systems at school and at home for positive discipline and pro-social skills development
- Assess learners’ growth and progress in all areas of development and learning. And report outcomes to parents
- Initiate, implement and assess early education programs
- Conduct core areas training for staff to improve the quality of infants, toddlers and preschool-aged children programs