Dr. David A. Wells and his wife Lois live in the mountains of Ecuador, near the village of Nono, just a few miles from Quito. David devotes his time to consulting for school owners, boards, and executive leaders in international and national schools throughout Latin America, and beyond.
David has consulted for sixty schools and organizations over the last five years, in twenty-seven countries and his consultative focus includes:
- Training and consultation related to ownership, governance, and management, including the formation or re-formation of school boards and development of policy structures for effective governance.
- Board and Head of School professional development on Policy Governance® or governance principles.
- Executive coaching and mentoring for emerging School Heads and Board Presidents.
- Executive and Administrative Search services.
- School turnaround projects in situations of organizational challenge, conflict, crisis and/or other dysfunction.
- Accreditation preparedness assessment and consultative support through application, candidacy, and self-study process.
- Facilitation of Strategic Planning.
David’s experience in educational and organizational leadership spans nearly forty years, and includes serving as the head of schools in Puerto Rico, New York, and Ecuador, as well as management of a not-for-profit social services agency and a real estate group.
David has experience in school improvement projects as a consultant and through accreditation agencies; serves as an adjunct professor of graduate education; serves on foundation boards; and presents workshops and seminars on school ownership, governance, and leadership in varied settings, internationally and nationally. David served as an Executive Consultant and Vice President for the Global Division of PAIDEIA, Inc. for several years, and is recognized as an Associated Consultant with CIS and a Field Consultant with AdvancED.
“Dr. David Wells was a wonderful asset as his interventions and advice were assertive and they guided us into better processes. His disposition and dedication to the school were at all times visible in everything he did for DelCampo.” –
D. Orietta Facusse, Owner, DelCampo International School and DelCampo International Academy, Tegucigalpa, Honduras