Bobby Brasher is the Director of School Safety and Student Security for The Brook Hill School, a private, Christian, college preparatory, international boarding school with both day and boarding students in Bullard, Texas.
Bobby has a background in Education as well as Security and Law Enforcement. He works with schools and churches to improve their campus security and staff safety training for the unexpected such as severe weather, intruders, and active shooter situations. Bobby holds a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Louisiana Tech University with emphasis in criminology and deviant behavior. He also graduated from the University of Louisiana – Monroe Police Academy and received a P.O.S.T. certification. His other certifications and experiences are:
- Texas Education Agency Secondary Teaching Certificate
- Louisiana Department of Education Secondary Teaching Certificate
- United State Marine Corps Teacher Education School
- School Safety Specialist (Texas State Center for Safe and Secure Schools)
- Eight years as a commissioned police officer working as a Sheriff’s Deputy and City police officer.
- Certified Classroom Instructor for Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement Fire arms Instructor for Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
- Department of Homeland Security/FEMA certified Search and Rescue
- Over 20 years’ experience as a classroom teacher
Bobby’s expertise and passion is school security, safety and threat assessment. He provides assessment and training for different circumstances and levels including building security, electronic surveillance, proactive situational awareness, and active shooter response. Bobby works with schools to create a comprehensive, flexible security plan from classroom lectures to optional armed staff response. He maps out a variety of options that best fit the need and threat assessment by factoring in the school culture, climate, and administration.
Bobby is married to Linda Brasher. They have a son attending Louisiana Tech, and one daughter that is currently a high school junior.