Alfredo is passionate about organizational behavior and leadership development. Over the past twelve years, Alfredo has been consulting for a myriad of organizations, including family businesses, corporations, schools, ministries and not-for-profit organizations.
Global School Consulting Group clients can benefit from Alfredo’s expertise on:
- Strategic Planning with a participative approach, listening attentively to each stakeholder.
- Balanced Scorecard design, reviewing every perspective, learning, processes, clients and finances.
- Operational Planning with execution principles and desirable outcomes in mind.
- Organizational Assesment, comprehensive or focusing on a particular area of interest.
- Team Work Development according to the five levels of a team as delineated by Lencioni.
- Problem Solving using the Compression Planning® process (https://bit.ly/2Gcbsqk).
- Leadership Training by assessing the four stages of growth developed by Derrick Mueller.
- Executive Coaching, defining and pursuing measurable goals on a consistent basis.
- LEGO® Serious Play®, creating strategy in real time, developing Simple Guiding Principles.
- Customized business training, addressing the particular issues the organization faces.
Mr. Umana graduated with a Masters in Business Administration degree from INCAE (A Harvard Associated School in Costa Rica) and initiated his Consulting career with Deloitte & Touche Business Solutions; he opened his own practice in 2005, Applied Consulting, with the goal of serving his clients with custom-made organizational and leadership services.
Borne in Honduras, Alfredo is fluent in both Spanish and English; he enjoys serving others through his strengths of responsibility, relator, individualization, developer and analysis (Gallup StrengthsFinder Assesment). Together with Lisa Anderson-Umana, his wife from Pittsburgh PA and their two kids, Valerie (b. 1999) and Victor (b. 2001), Alfredo devotes his time to family, Consulting and ministry (Local church teaching pastor).
“Working with Mr. Umana has been always great. I am particularly impressed with his ability to clearly understand the client’s demands. I appreciate the follow up we have received for each project we have been doing together. I also enjoy his regular and practical Blog publications.”
– Karen Janssens, Lead Link Central America, RIKOLTO (Formerly known as VECO)