The reasons for school shootings are many and complex. Many people, including some of our politicians, focus on one factor: gun control. The topic of gun control leads and supports their agenda. Yet, there are a wide variety of ongoing reasons and factors for shootings:
- Guns are many and available to people who don’t need to have one
- The decay of moral character (Video games, violence and the devaluation of life in our society – particularly with our young people)
- The decline of the family unit and parental involvement
- The approach to mental health and the lack of availability and treatment
- The architecture and design of our schools, as well as lack of training for faculty and staff
All of the above are contributing factors in school shootings. Until we address each through awareness, action, and training, we may continue to experience mass violence. Your thoughts?
©2018 Bobby Brasher